Sept. 16: Grand Rapids Bar Association Legal Assistant Section Meeting, 12:00 noon, Skywalk Conference Room, 99 Monroe NW, 2nd Floor, Grand Rapids. This Legal Assistant Section Meeting will focus on Startup Culture in Grand Rapids. Questions and RSVP to Karen Kinyon, email@example.com or 616-698-4018.
Sept. 17: Constitution Day, lessons for fifth grade students sponsored by the Grand Rapids Bar Association in partnership with the Grand Rapids Public Schools. The GRBA is looking for volunteers to provide special lessons on the U.S. Constitution to GRPS 5th graders, with a goal of matching each fifth grade classroom with an attorney who will focus on one area of the Constitution for just one hour. Sign-up deadline is Sept. 1. Resource Packets and pocket-sized Constitutions will be provided to all volunteers. If you have a school preference, you may make note during the registration process. Once all volunteers are secure, you will be notified of your school assignment as soon as possible. To register visit www.grbar.org and click on Constitution Day under the calendar listing on the home page. For more information call GRBA Staff at 616-454-5550.
Sept. 28-29: No-Fault Institute XII - “The Stuff You Need to Know,” at the Westin, 1500 town Center, Southfield. Are you caught up with the latest issues facing PIP Legislation, Tort Liens, UM/UIM Clauses, and Medicare/ERISA? These are just some of the many topics at the 12th Annual MAJ No-Fault Institute. The biggest names in the law will present on the pressing issues facing No-Fault, including a special presentation on the State Farm ACE Documents that exposed the insurance company’s delay any deny tactics. This seminar is open to MAJ member and non-members. Visit www.michiganjustice.org for prices and registration or call 517-321-3073.
- Elder Law of Michigan honors those who are dedicated to helping vulnerable adults
- Duly Noted . . .
- Policy survey: confidence in Michigan?s direction declines among local leaders
- T.J. Ackert prepares to assume judgeship in 17th Circuit Court Family Division
- Varnum attorney Jamie Downes named to Humane Society of West Michigan board of directors
- Murder rate is way up in dozens of US cities, but why?
- Don’t suspend state attorney general’s law license, petition-signers urge disciplinary authorities
- Report: Revenue Grows By 4 Percent Among Am Law 100 Firms
- Judge to Decide the Fate of 'Deflategate'
- Contempt hearing for Kentucky county clerk
- Tuesday round-up