On Thursday, Dec. 15, former Bloomfield Township Supervisor David Payne was honored by the Oakland County Board of Commissioners for his 41 years of service to the township.
Also during the meeting on Dec.15 at the Board of Commissioners Auditorium in Pontiac, the board honored veteran John “Skip” Bushart (third from left) for his Years of Military Service and work as founder of the Fallen Heroes Memorial Foundation.
Bushart is a Gold Star Dad who acknowledged the services of the many brave men and women who did not return home for war like his son, the late Damien Bushart.
Bushart is a veteran of Vietnam, Operation Desert Shield, and Desert Storm and comes from a long-line of military service in his family dating back to the Civil War.
Bushart commented on the irony of receiving the special recognition on the day that the Iraq War ended and troops returned home, Dec. 15, 2011. While addressing the board, he asked that everyone remember the sacrifices of the soldiers and their families.
Photos by John Meiu
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Oakland County
- To bid adieu: Reception set to honor retiring federal judge
- Free seminar to remove probate court mysteries
- Federal Bar presents 2014 State of the Court Luncheon on Oct. 1
- Downtown jewel: Historic Carr Center offers array of activities for those of all interests
- Board honors director of Blind & Disabled Library
- Man convicted in supermarket checkout line dispute files suit against shopper he shot and store
- Do you work in a plush corner office, or nothing even close to that? Tell us about your workspace!
- Apple, HP Snag Attorney Fees From Repeat Patent Plaintiff
- Lawyers Fear Ray Rice Case Could Stymie Prosecutorial Discretion
- Petition of the day
- Petitions to watch | The “Long Conference” of September 29 (Part III)