On Thursday, Dec. 15, former Bloomfield Township Supervisor David Payne was honored by the Oakland County Board of Commissioners for his 41 years of service to the township.
Also during the meeting on Dec.15 at the Board of Commissioners Auditorium in Pontiac, the board honored veteran John “Skip” Bushart (third from left) for his Years of Military Service and work as founder of the Fallen Heroes Memorial Foundation.
Bushart is a Gold Star Dad who acknowledged the services of the many brave men and women who did not return home for war like his son, the late Damien Bushart.
Bushart is a veteran of Vietnam, Operation Desert Shield, and Desert Storm and comes from a long-line of military service in his family dating back to the Civil War.
Bushart commented on the irony of receiving the special recognition on the day that the Iraq War ended and troops returned home, Dec. 15, 2011. While addressing the board, he asked that everyone remember the sacrifices of the soldiers and their families.
Photos by John Meiu
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Oakland County
- Fellows Reception hosted by Oakland County Bar Foundation
- Prescription for Success: Attorney assists clients with telemedicine, e-health
- Autonomous vehicle seminar to look at opportunities, challenges
- Michigan getting more than $3.5 million in HSBC settlement
- Legal Aid and Defender to conduct free outreach clinic in Pontiac, March 7
- Sleep deprivation increases false confessions, study suggests
- Federal court refuses to ‘stick its judicial nose into this political morass’ involving refugees
- Google Facing New Privacy Suit Over Email Scanning
- The Am Law 100, the Early Numbers: Profits Continue to Slide at Cadwalader
- Symposium: Why it’s time to unfreeze DAPA
- Symposium: Why United States v. Texas is the most important case the Court will decide this year