On Thursday, Dec. 15, former Bloomfield Township Supervisor David Payne was honored by the Oakland County Board of Commissioners for his 41 years of service to the township.
Also during the meeting on Dec.15 at the Board of Commissioners Auditorium in Pontiac, the board honored veteran John “Skip” Bushart (third from left) for his Years of Military Service and work as founder of the Fallen Heroes Memorial Foundation.
Bushart is a Gold Star Dad who acknowledged the services of the many brave men and women who did not return home for war like his son, the late Damien Bushart.
Bushart is a veteran of Vietnam, Operation Desert Shield, and Desert Storm and comes from a long-line of military service in his family dating back to the Civil War.
Bushart commented on the irony of receiving the special recognition on the day that the Iraq War ended and troops returned home, Dec. 15, 2011. While addressing the board, he asked that everyone remember the sacrifices of the soldiers and their families.
Photos by John Meiu
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Oakland County
- Perseverance personified: Judge reflects on life 'from busboy to barrister'
- Racial equity program at Keith Center receives Kellogg grant
- Don't let upcoming elections disrupt the workplace
- Youth with incarcerated parents get a chance to share their voice
- Clemency Project 2014 receives prisoner surveys
- New utility company indictment in fatal gas blast could lead to fines of as much as $1.3B
- Want to avoid the costs of law school? These students try ‘reading law’ path to law license
- Mississippi Abortion Law Blocked by Fifth Circuit
- DC Circuit Rejects Flanking Attack on Health Reform Law
- SCOTUSblog on camera: Steven R. Shapiro (Part Six)
- Fisher challenges new college admissions ruling