On Thursday, Dec. 15, former Bloomfield Township Supervisor David Payne was honored by the Oakland County Board of Commissioners for his 41 years of service to the township.
Also during the meeting on Dec.15 at the Board of Commissioners Auditorium in Pontiac, the board honored veteran John “Skip” Bushart (third from left) for his Years of Military Service and work as founder of the Fallen Heroes Memorial Foundation.
Bushart is a Gold Star Dad who acknowledged the services of the many brave men and women who did not return home for war like his son, the late Damien Bushart.
Bushart is a veteran of Vietnam, Operation Desert Shield, and Desert Storm and comes from a long-line of military service in his family dating back to the Civil War.
Bushart commented on the irony of receiving the special recognition on the day that the Iraq War ended and troops returned home, Dec. 15, 2011. While addressing the board, he asked that everyone remember the sacrifices of the soldiers and their families.
Photos by John Meiu
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Oakland County
- 2nd Circuit OKs verdict against Apple in $450M e-book price-fixing case
- Supreme Court agrees to reconsider whether unwilling state can be hauled into another state’s court
- Supreme Court Sends Google-Oracle Feud Back to SF Judge
- Impacts of Marriage Equality on Benefits and HR Policies
- Independent redistricting commission survives challenge: In Plain English
- Symposium: The Wonderland rules for method-of-execution claims