Teen slaying suspect acquitted in third trial

PONTIAC (AP)--A 17-year-old has been acquitted in his third trial on charges of killing a restaurant manager in suburban Detroit.

An Oakland County Circuit Court jury returned the verdict Tuesday in the trial of Jerome Hamilton of Southfield. He was one of three suspects in the Oct. 15, 2008, shooting of 21-year-old Catherine Solinski-Blain.

Juries deadlocked in Hamilton's two trials last year.

Another jury convicted 20-year-old Deandre Sturges of first-degree murder. Brandon Davis identified Hamilton as the shooter and pleaded guilty to conspiracy to rob.

Chief Assistant Prosecutor Paul Walton says he's disappointed but points out the other cases led to convictions. Defense lawyer Mark Kriger says the jury made the right decision.

Published: Thu, Mar 11, 2010

Comments

  1. No comments
Sign in to post a comment »