Two members of Eastern Michigan University’s mock trial team, Steven Cole of Saline (far left) and Antonino Monea of Livonia (left) swept the moot court team event by taking first place in the recent Great Lakes Regional qualifying tournament at Saginaw Valley State University.
EMU's mock trial members advance to nationals
The competition drew 26 teams from around the country. Moot court, which simulates arguments before the Supreme Court, is one of the largest forensics activities in the country.
Monea and Cole now advance to the national championship January 17-18 at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- Feds say 2 of their agents in Silk Road probe laundered Bitcoins; one is accused of working as mole
- Registration opens for legal tech conference sponsored by Georgetown Law and ABA Journal
- Robbery Not a Normal Work Condition of Liquor Store
- Ex-Bryan Cave Partner's Suicide Mars Missouri Gubernatorial Race
- Petition of the day
- Argument preview: Court to take on undistributed funds and bankruptcy conversion