Two members of Eastern Michigan University’s mock trial team, Steven Cole of Saline (far left) and Antonino Monea of Livonia (left) swept the moot court team event by taking first place in the recent Great Lakes Regional qualifying tournament at Saginaw Valley State University.
EMU's mock trial members advance to nationals
The competition drew 26 teams from around the country. Moot court, which simulates arguments before the Supreme Court, is one of the largest forensics activities in the country.
Monea and Cole now advance to the national championship January 17-18 at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- 2nd Circuit to hear contract lawyer’s appeal on overtime pay
- Do notes highlighting prospective black jurors support a Batson violation? SCOTUS accepts case
- Locke Lord Partner and Baseball Team Owner Dies Suddenly
- The 2015 Am Law 100: Rich and Richer
- Commentary: Wellness after Stern
- Petition of the day