Two members of Eastern Michigan University’s mock trial team, Steven Cole of Saline (far left) and Antonino Monea of Livonia (left) swept the moot court team event by taking first place in the recent Great Lakes Regional qualifying tournament at Saginaw Valley State University.
EMU's mock trial members advance to nationals
The competition drew 26 teams from around the country. Moot court, which simulates arguments before the Supreme Court, is one of the largest forensics activities in the country.
Monea and Cole now advance to the national championship January 17-18 at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- See the video: Inmate slammed into window frame during court hearing files $5M civil rights lawsuit
- Have you seen a pro se litigant prevail in court? How did they do it?
- BofA Ordered to Pay $1.27 Billion Over Mortgage Fraud
- Apple Surrenders in Sales Ban Fight Against Samsung
- Petition of the day
- SCOTUSblog on camera: Steven R. Shapiro (Part Six)