Two members of Eastern Michigan University’s mock trial team, Steven Cole of Saline (far left) and Antonino Monea of Livonia (left) swept the moot court team event by taking first place in the recent Great Lakes Regional qualifying tournament at Saginaw Valley State University.
EMU's mock trial members advance to nationals
The competition drew 26 teams from around the country. Moot court, which simulates arguments before the Supreme Court, is one of the largest forensics activities in the country.
Monea and Cole now advance to the national championship January 17-18 at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- Gambler blames casino for his $500,000 loss while drunk
- Backstreet Boys and bankruptcy trustee head for trial over $3.4 million
- Once Again, U.S. News Ranks Yale No. 1 Law School
- Judge Blocks Government's Destruction of NSA Surveillance Data
- New test of gun rights
- Fast track for Virginia marriage case (UPDATED)