Two members of Eastern Michigan University’s mock trial team, Steven Cole of Saline (far left) and Antonino Monea of Livonia (left) swept the moot court team event by taking first place in the recent Great Lakes Regional qualifying tournament at Saginaw Valley State University.
EMU's mock trial members advance to nationals
The competition drew 26 teams from around the country. Moot court, which simulates arguments before the Supreme Court, is one of the largest forensics activities in the country.
Monea and Cole now advance to the national championship January 17-18 at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- Top state court OKs $151M jury verdict against Wal-Mart over off-the-clock work by employees
- Executions hit 20-year low in 2014; which seven states carried them out?
- In His 70th Supreme Court Argument, Waxman Takes Some Hits
- Jackson Lewis to Eliminate Billable Hours for Associates
- SCOTUSblog on camera: Dahlia Lithwick (Part three)
- The Relist Watch before Christmas