Two members of Eastern Michigan University’s mock trial team, Steven Cole of Saline (far left) and Antonino Monea of Livonia (left) swept the moot court team event by taking first place in the recent Great Lakes Regional qualifying tournament at Saginaw Valley State University.
EMU's mock trial members advance to nationals
The competition drew 26 teams from around the country. Moot court, which simulates arguments before the Supreme Court, is one of the largest forensics activities in the country.
Monea and Cole now advance to the national championship January 17-18 at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- Candidates exchange ideas at judicial forum
- Schuette charges Lapeer County woman for embezzling $460k from 136 elderly nursing home residents
- Monday Profile: Elisa Gomez
- 'Like a death in the family' Cooley Law School closes on December 31
- Asked & Answered: Appeals court overturns ADA verdict in favor of employees
- DUI firm will accept payments via Apple Pay
- Women lawyers group asks NBC to cancel ‘Bad Judge,’ a show about an ‘unethical, lazy’ female jurist
- ?Groundbreaking? Ruling for Transgender Disabled Vet
- Redbox Prevails in Video Privacy Protection Act Appeal
- Relist Watch
- SCOTUSblog on camera: Laurence H. Tribe (Part three)