Two members of Eastern Michigan University’s mock trial team, Steven Cole of Saline (far left) and Antonino Monea of Livonia (left) swept the moot court team event by taking first place in the recent Great Lakes Regional qualifying tournament at Saginaw Valley State University.
EMU's mock trial members advance to nationals
The competition drew 26 teams from around the country. Moot court, which simulates arguments before the Supreme Court, is one of the largest forensics activities in the country.
Monea and Cole now advance to the national championship January 17-18 at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- 'Like a death in the family' Cooley Law School closes on December 31
- Asked & Answered: Appeals court overturns ADA verdict in favor of employees
- Monday Profile: Stephen K. Postema
- Job one U-M grad specializes in employee benefits, executive compensation
- How to become a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States
- Facebook sues DLA Piper, other firms, 9 attorneys, says they conspired on fraudulent case
- Rare NHTSA alert warns 4.7 million vehicle owners of airbag safety issue, urges immediate inspection
- Facebook Sues DLA, Milberg, Former NY AG Over Ceglia Case
- Judge OKs Suit Against Former Yahoo Engineer for IP Theft
- Petition of the day
- OT2013 opinion announcements