Two members of Eastern Michigan University’s mock trial team, Steven Cole of Saline (far left) and Antonino Monea of Livonia (left) swept the moot court team event by taking first place in the recent Great Lakes Regional qualifying tournament at Saginaw Valley State University.
EMU's mock trial members advance to nationals
The competition drew 26 teams from around the country. Moot court, which simulates arguments before the Supreme Court, is one of the largest forensics activities in the country.
Monea and Cole now advance to the national championship January 17-18 at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- DOJ says using Stingrays to intercept cellphone calls requires warrant, unless exception applies
- Suit claims Los Angeles restaurants illegally agreed to add surcharge to customer bills
- Circuit Won't Block First US Biosimilar Launch
- Judge Offers Guidance to Plaintiff Challenging NSA Phone Program
- Friday round-up
- A new legal cloud over same-sex marriage in Kentucky?