Two members of Eastern Michigan University’s mock trial team, Steven Cole of Saline (far left) and Antonino Monea of Livonia (left) swept the moot court team event by taking first place in the recent Great Lakes Regional qualifying tournament at Saginaw Valley State University.
EMU's mock trial members advance to nationals
The competition drew 26 teams from around the country. Moot court, which simulates arguments before the Supreme Court, is one of the largest forensics activities in the country.
Monea and Cole now advance to the national championship January 17-18 at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
CommentsSign in to post a comment »
headlines Washtenaw County
- Beset by drought, California lawmakers fast-track bill to ban towns from enforcing brown-lawn rules
- Georgetown’s Iron Tech competition grows in audience and interest
- King & Spalding Snags Pair of McDermott Litigators
- D.C. Circuit Judge Gives Advice on How to Talk to Police
- Same-sex marriage: The decisive questions
- This week at the Court