Making a 'Pointe': Local investment firm prevails in five-year court fight
Published: November 25, 2014
On paper, it looked like a legal mismatch. Troy-based NorthPointe Capital, LLC, a boutique investment firm, pitted against Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co., a Fortune 100 company based in Columbus, Ohio, that bills itself as one of the “largest an [ More » ]
Agency yet to act on controversial insuranceNovember 25, 2014
The Federal Housing Finance Agency has yet to deliver on changes to a controversial type of homeowner’s insurance even as its director told the Senate Banking Committee on Wednesday that it’s making progress.
Lawsuit against dozens of energy companies survives, so farNovember 25, 2014
Facing opposition from a powerful industry, the governor and many in the Legislature, a New Orleans-area flood board’s lawsuit against dozens of oil, gas and pipeline companies seemed doomed early on.
- Posner: ‘Outlandish’ attorney fees in glucosamine settlement were part of a ‘selfish deal’
- Chemerinsky: SCOTUS to ponder ‘true threats’ on Facebook
- Wrongful Death Suit Over Air Bags Filed in Federal Court
- Pepper Hamilton CEO Leaving the Firm
- Breaking News
- Court to rule on disability rights, mercury pollution