Published: July 1, 2015
The Wolverine Bar Association (WBA), Wolverine Bar Foundation (WBF), and Association of Black Judges of Michigan (ABJM) co-hosted their Annual Presidents’ Reception on Thursday,?June 25, at Sinbads at the River in Detroit. [ More » ]
Justices agree to hear dispute over union feesJuly 1, 2015
The Supreme Court will consider limiting the power of government employee unions to collect fees from non-members in a case that labor officials say could threaten membership and further weaken union clout.
What high court's power plant ruling means for Mich.July 1, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5-4 Monday in favor of Michigan and other Republican-led states that challenged Environmental Protection Agency rules that would reduce mercury and other air pollution from coal-fired power plants.
Law professor edits, contributes to essay collectionJune 30, 2015
University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Professor Troy L. Harris has edited and contributed to a collection of essays, "Studies in Canon Law and Common Law in Honor of R.H. Helmholz," published by the University of California-Berkeley's Robbin
- 2nd Circuit OKs verdict against Apple in $450M e-book price-fixing case
- Supreme Court agrees to reconsider whether unwilling state can be hauled into another state’s court
- Supreme Court Sends Google-Oracle Feud Back to SF Judge
- Impacts of Marriage Equality on Benefits and HR Policies
- Independent redistricting commission survives challenge: In Plain English
- Symposium: The Wonderland rules for method-of-execution claims