Published: April 17, 2015
The Wolverine Bar Association (WBA) hosted its 54th Annual Barristers’ Ball, “Vintage Detroit,” on Saturday, March 28, at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center. During the evening, the WBA and Wolverine Bar Foundation presente [ More » ]
Court rules GM shielded from death claims before bankruptcyApril 17, 2015
DETROIT (AP) - A federal judge ruled Wednesday that a 2009 bankruptcy order shields General Motors from billions of dollars in death and injury claims tied to defective ignition switches in older small cars.
DOJ deputy chief offers career adviceApril 17, 2015
Julie Abbate worked with women prisoners when she was an undergraduate at the University of Michigan, then went to law school thinking she wanted to be a public defender. But her career path took a different turn, one that ultimately has given her an opportunit
ABA video guides Hispanics through legal challenges of home-buying processApril 16, 2015
In a joint effort, the American Bar Association Section on Real Estate, Trust and Estate Law and the ABA Commission on Hispanic Legal Rights & Responsibilities has launched a 20-minute video, available in English and in Spanish, geared to help Hispani
- Measure, teach lawyers tech skills, speakers at Techshow say.
- Smartwatches and other wearables can enhance the practice of law, attorneys say
- King & Spalding Snags Pair of McDermott Litigators
- The Am Law 100, the Early Numbers: Latham Gives Bob Dell a Spectacular Sendoff
- Preview on same-sex marriage — Part IV, Supporting the state bans
- Petition of the day