Warner family law practice expands to offer years of expertise statewide
Published: March 7, 2014
Between Ric Roane, the Warner Norcross and Judd attorney who chaired the firm’s family law practice group since its inception six years ago, and Nazli Sater, its new chair, there is over a half century of experience in helping resolve domestic [ More » ]
Duly NotedMarch 7, 2014
The Justice Foundation of West Michigan (JFWM) is now accepting grant applications. Proposed projects or activities should have a nexus within Western Michigan or its surrounding environs and be consistent with the JFWM mission statement.
Varnum's Luis Avila appointed to Michigan Board of MedicineMarch 7, 2014
Varnum attorney Luis Avila has been appointed to the Michigan Board of Medicine. In announcing the appointments, Gov. Rick Snyder said, “I appreciate the willingness of this talented group to serve on this important board.”
Cooley Animal Law Society focuses on legislative updates and actionsMarch 5, 2014
A couple dozen law students and community members who gave up their Saturdays last weekend to attend Thomas M. Cooley Law School’s Animal Law Society (ALS) symposium received a lot of information, most of it good news, some of it bad.
headlines Grand Rapids
- 50 years after New York Times v. Sullivan, do courts still value journalists’ watchdog role?
- Discarded Starbucks cup puts police on trail of suspect
- Dewey Drama: Indictments, Arraignments and More
- Judge Scraps Apple's Bid to Block Samsung Sales
- Petition of the day
- Argument recap: Justices not quite ready to jettison landmark securities decision, seeking middle ground