Legal assistant learned 'in the trenches'
Published: June 23, 2016
Becky Ostwald has spent three decades as a legal assistant for several law firms, in several Michigan cities, and in practice areas running the gamut from medical malpractice, family law, insurance defense, personal injury, corporate, real estate, probate [ More » ]
Archer to receive ABA's highest honorJune 23, 2016
Dennis Archer, the former mayor of Detroit and justice of the Michigan Supreme Court, as well as past president of the ABA, has been chosen to receive the ABA Medal, the highest award of the American Bar Association.
Thursday Profile: Daniel DuCheneJune 23, 2016
Daniel J. DuChene is an associate with Barr, Anhut & Associates, P.C. in Ypsilanti. He was hired as an attorney after being admitted to the bar in 2013, having spent several years as a clerk with the firm before that.
Budget continues support for treatment courtsJune 20, 2016
The Michigan Legislature has approved a state budget with increased investment in judicial initiatives, including drug, mental health and veterans treatment courts as well as the legal self-help program, according to Michigan Supreme Court Chief Justice
headlines Jackson County
- ABA threatened with 1-year suspension of law school accreditation powers
- 10 Questions Live: Keith Porcaro talks about how tech can make it easier to deliver legal services
- Supreme Court Apt to Tinker With Patent Damages
- When a Founder Talks (or Acts) Out of School
- One journey over, the quest continues
- Opinion analysis: Dollar General, the Court’s longest pending case of the 2015 Term is a four-four per curiam opinion