Trial set for couple in boy-in-basement case

DETROIT (AP) — A Detroit couple is scheduled for trial in November on child abuse charges stemming from the case of a boy who says he hid in his basement for 11 days out of fear of being mistreated.

Charlie Bothuell IV, 46, and Monique Dillard-Bothuell, 37, made an initial appearance recently in trial court.

Records show a pretrial conference is scheduled Sept. 25 and trial is Nov. 9.

A district judge last month dismissed torture charges against the father and stepmother, saying she found the testimony of Charlie Bothuell, 13, lacked credibility.

The boy was 12 last June when he said he sustained the abuse.

The child abuse charge carries a maximum punishment of 10 years.

Comments

  1. No comments
Sign in to post a comment »