Power of attorney law update
Published: February 22, 2024
Members of the Macomb County Probate Bar Association (MCPBA) gathered recently to examine changes in power of attorney laws.
Warren man arraigned in the shooting death of his wifeFebruary 22, 2024It is alleged that on Friday, February 16, Antonio Askew shot and killed his wife, 34-year-old Eboni Askew, in their Warren home, according to the Macomb County prosecutor’s office.Askew, 41, is charged with second degree murder and felony firearm.
Livonia counseling services business owner arraigned on five counts of Medicaid fraudFebruary 22, 2024Glynn Merriewether, 59, of Livonia, has been arraigned in the 54B District Court before Judge Lisa L. Babcock on five counts of Medicaid Fraud-False Claim, according to Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel.
Justices reject appeal from lawyers over 2020 election lawsuit in MichiganFebruary 22, 2024WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected an appeal from Sidney Powell and other lawyers allied with former President Donald Trump over $150,000 in sanctions they were ordered to pay for abusing the court system with a sham lawsuit challenging the 2020 election results in Michigan.
- Power of attorney law update
- Warren man arraigned in the shooting death of his wife
- Livonia counseling services business owner arraigned on five counts of Medicaid fraud
- Justices reject appeal from lawyers over 2020 election lawsuit in Michigan
- Appeal from three GOP House members over $500 mask fines rejected
- Controversial qualified immunity doctrine faces tests in Louisiana
- Judge says he misperceived interaction at bar event as flirting, leading him to touch lawyer’s ‘lower hamstring’
- Court-appointed lawyers are victims of stolen check schemes, prosecutors say; 6 people charged
- A few partners leave Cravath despite changes that generate more money for superstars
- From Generative AI to Revenue Drivers: Insights from the LawPay and MyCase ‘Legal Industry Report 2024’
- Judge faces potential discipline for allowing secretary to work remotely