Honoring social justice work
Published: February 23, 2024
The Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan Chapter, hosted its “2024 Wade H. McCree Jr. Luncheon for the Advancement of Social Justice” earlier this month at the Detroit Athletic Club.
Addressing bias in state’s child welfare systemFebruary 23, 2024The American Bar Association Center on Children and the Law is piloting a new community-based initiative in Michigan to address overreporting by medical professionals of Black, Indigenous and Latino/a children to the child welfare system.
Courts urged to improve treatment of jurorsFebruary 23, 2024An estimated 14.4% of Americans are summoned for jury duty, and approximately 11 million individuals report for jury service every year.
- Controversial qualified immunity doctrine faces tests in Louisiana
- Judge says he misperceived interaction at bar event as flirting, leading him to touch lawyer’s ‘lower hamstring’
- Court-appointed lawyers are victims of stolen check schemes, prosecutors say; 6 people charged
- A few partners leave Cravath despite changes that generate more money for superstars
- From Generative AI to Revenue Drivers: Insights from the LawPay and MyCase ‘Legal Industry Report 2024’
- Judge faces potential discipline for allowing secretary to work remotely