- Posted November 08, 2011
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Supreme Court puts an end to broken ankle suit
DETROIT (AP) -- A man who broke his ankle near the Detroit River won't be getting any money from the city of Detroit.
The Michigan Supreme Court says it doesn't need to hear arguments to throw out the lawsuit by George Williams. The case had been dismissed by a Wayne County judge but revived last year by the state appeals court.
The Supreme Court recently said Judge John Gillis got it right.
Williams broke his ankle on a pedestrian path controlled by Detroit, not a highway. The Supreme Court says the city therefore is immune to liability under state law.
Published: Tue, Nov 8, 2011
headlines Oakland County
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




