- Posted November 12, 2012
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Bear guides cleared after court rejects appeal
PETOSKEY (AP) -- Prosecutors have failed to persuade the Michigan Supreme Court to consider the case of two guides accused of illegally helping an American Indian hunt for bear.
William McNeight and Blaine Levigne were convicted of a misdemeanor in Emmet County, but the result was thrown out last summer by the appeals court. The Supreme Court says that decision will stand.
Justices Brian Zahra and Marilyn Kelly wanted to hear an appeal from the attorney general's office, but they were in the minority last week.
The appeals court says Michigan law doesn't stop people from assisting someone during a lawful bear hunt. There was no evidence that the guides possessed a gun, crossbow or bow and arrow.
Published: Mon, Nov 12, 2012
headlines Oakland County
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




