- Posted October 21, 2013
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Court won't block teen's extradition to Georgia
FLINT (AP) -- The Michigan appeals court says a Flint-area teen can be extradited to Georgia to face sexual assault allegations from 2010.
It's the first time a higher court in Michigan has ruled on the extradition of a minor. In a 3-0 decision last week, the appeals court says Michigan is obligated to send any person to another state if the circumstances are appropriate, regardless of age.
In 2010, the boy was 12 when he was visiting Fulton County, Ga., with his godfather. He's accused of molesting a younger child.
The boy's attorney argues that extraditing him would be cruel and unusual punishment, a violation of Michigan and U.S. constitutions. The appeals court says that's an issue for a Georgia judge.
Published: Mon, Oct 21, 2013
headlines Oakland County
- Fellows Reception
- Court orders EES Coke Battery to comply with clean air act and pay $100 million civil penalty
- Public health, green groups sue EPA over repeal of rule supporting climate protections
- Judge grants hearing, expresses concerns ex-Michigan coach Moore may have had rights violated
- ‘Digital Accessibility & the Courts’ explored online
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




