- Posted March 26, 2014
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Arrest warrant for singer Anita Baker is dismissed
DETROIT (AP) -- A judge has dismissed an arrest warrant that had been issued for Grammy Award-winning singer Anita Baker.
A Wayne County Circuit judge had signed off on the warrant last week. It was sought by the lawyer for a company that says Baker owes it $15,000 for work done on her Grosse Pointe home.
According to WDIV-TV, Judge Edward Ewell said Monday that while the warrant has been dismissed, the lawsuit over the money will continue at a hearing in April.
Baker tells WXYZ-TV she's grateful the judge lifted the warrant.
The singer's lawyer has said Baker didn't know she had been sued in 2011 by Ray A. Smith Painting & Decorating.
The company's lawyer says he wants to see his client get paid for the work it did.
Published: Wed, Mar 26, 2014
headlines Oakland County
- Fellows Reception
- Nessel secures judgment against construction company for consumer protection violation
- ACG Detroit celebrates women leaving an impact on the middle market at Inspire & Ignite Luncheon
- Attorneys general ask court to enforce order preventing cuts to billions in disaster preparedness funding
- ABA honors Robert Burns with its Robert B. McKay Law Professor Award
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




