––––––––––––––––––––
Subscribe to the Legal News!
https://www.legalnews.com/Home/Subscription
Full access to public notices, articles, columns, archives, statistics, calendar and more
Day Pass Only $4.95!
One-County $80/year
Three-County & Full Pass also available
- Posted August 08, 2014
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Court won't revive charge in Rep. McCotter case
LIVONIA (AP) - State prosecutors have failed to persuade an appeals court to reinstate a conspiracy charge against two people who worked for former U.S. Rep. Thad McCotter.
The Livonia Republican was disqualified from the 2012 primary election after an aide turned in bogus signatures to get him on the ballot. Don Yowchuang and Paul Seewald were sentenced to probation last year, but a judge threw out an additional conspiracy charge against them.
The Michigan Court of Appeals upheld that decision in an opinion released Wednesday.
Yowchuang and Seewald were accused of conspiring to commit a legal act in an illegal manner. In a 2-1 decision, the court says the attorney general's office wrongly applied the facts to the law.
McCotter says he didn't know about the petition problems and wasn't charged.
Published: Fri, Aug 08, 2014
headlines Oakland County
- Fellows Reception
- Court orders EES Coke Battery to comply with clean air act and pay $100 million civil penalty
- Public health, green groups sue EPA over repeal of rule supporting climate protections
- Judge grants hearing, expresses concerns ex-Michigan coach Moore may have had rights violated
- ‘Digital Accessibility & the Courts’ explored online
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




