PONTIAC (AP) —” A man charged with making a false threat of terrorism involving a suburban Detroit judge has pleaded not guilty.
The Oakland County sheriff’s office says 24-year-old Anthony Brodie was arrested last Wednesday at his workplace in Ann Arbor and had been upset over a child custody case before the judge.
Investigators say the Pontiac man told an acquaintance that he had been researching the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and would kill Judge Lisa Gorcyca and blow up the county courthouse.
Gorcyca recused herself from the custody case amid word of the charge. Another judge will be assigned.
Brodie was arraigned last Thursday in District Court, which said he requested a court-appointed lawyer. The Detroit Free Press reports he’s being held on $500,000 bond. The charge carries up to 20 years in prison.
- Posted October 03, 2016
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Man accused of threat involving local judge pleads not guilty
headlines Oakland County
- Fellows Reception
- Court orders EES Coke Battery to comply with clean air act and pay $100 million civil penalty
- Public health, green groups sue EPA over repeal of rule supporting climate protections
- Judge grants hearing, expresses concerns ex-Michigan coach Moore may have had rights violated
- ‘Digital Accessibility & the Courts’ explored online
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




