PAW PAW, Mich. (AP) — A 15-year-old student who was arrested in March after threatening violence at his school and the discovery of guns, ammunition and pipe bomb materials at his southwestern Michigan home has entered guilty pleas in the case.
The boy pleaded guilty last week to explosives and firearms charges. He earlier faced additional charges including making a terrorist threat.
Sentencing is scheduled for June 5. Van Buren County Prosecutor Michael Bedford says the court determined the case would be handled as a juvenile matter.
Authorities have said the Paw Paw High School student’s family alerted authorities to the threat and investigators believed he had planned an attack the school.
Classes were canceled the day after his arrest as a precaution. A search of the high school determined it was safe.
- Posted May 28, 2018
- Tweet This | Share on Facebook
Teen pleads guilty after school threat arrest
headlines Oakland County
headlines National
- A wave of lawsuits has resulted from online comments after Charlie Kirk’s assassination
- Goldman Sachs top lawyer resigns after emails show Jeffrey Epstein friendship
- Failed indictment of 6 Democratic lawmakers blamed on Jeanine Pirro-picked prosecutors
- Federal judges may address ‘illegitimate forms of criticism and attacks,’ according to new ethics opinion
- Senate GOP aims to reveal companies funding lawsuits
- Bad Bunny’s ‘love conquering hate’ message at Super Bowl reiterated by judge sentencing assaulter




